Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Day with the Girls

Last week four of my quilting friends and I got up early to go to the Trinity Valley Quilters' Quilt Guild in Fort Worth.  What a crowd, so much enthusiam, wonderful show and tell, and the speaker was Karen Stone.  What a treat to hear and to see her quilts.  She introduces herself as the happiest quilter you will ever meet, I think that is a perfect discription of her and she definiately thinks outside of the box when it comes to her quilts.

Next we went on over to The Antique Mall and had lunch at the tearoom.  Our friend Susan joined us there for a yummy lunch and a quick turn around the Mall.  That could easily be an all day trip in itself.

From there to my favorite quilt shop in FortWorth, Cabbage Rose.  They just moved into a new building, right across the street from the old store.  So many quilts so little time.  I bought a bundle of  Moda Charlevoix Fat Eight's; now what to do with them.  When I got to the register my friend, Peg, was purchasing the same fabric in a jelly roll, like minds think alike. I have  never worked with Fat Eight's, that should  keep my brain working for a while. Does anyone have some suggestions, love to hear what you think. 

                                  Enjoy all the pieces of your life,    
                                                                  Betty Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment